Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Get to Know Our Leads: CVFT's "The Music Man"


Cast Conversations continue: Tom Keenan as"Harold Hill"


"The Music Man" Opened March 1, 2013 to rave reviews.  Running this weekend at ChanhassenHigh School, stars: Tom Keenan as Professor Harold Hill and Marina Jurica-Preston as Marian Paroo.

Tom Keenan

Q: What is your day job?
"I am a USPS Carrier in Chaska and have been for 20 years."

Q: First show?
"My first show was 1979. I played a bottle dancer in Fiddler on the Roof."  

Q. Why theater?and why CVFT?
"Entertaining people and hopefully bringing a smile to thier face brings me joy. The stage allows me to extend both vocally and physically into all sorts of characters that are fun to explore. Theater expects you to "Color outside the lines" and I love to use all 54 Crayolas!"
"CVFT is a group of individuals who unite in a common purpose. Great people who enjoy being creative with one another with an emphasis on clean family fun. I think this is my 5th show. Don't ask me to pick a favorite- loved them all."

Q: Tell us a little about the character you play in "The Music Man"
"Harold Hill thinks he has the world under his thumb. The great pupeteer directs all to meet his needs when sudden love brings clarity to his worldview. In an instant others become his priority and humility engulfs him. Hmm, reminds me of real life somehow?"

Q; Any pre-show rituals?
"Lots of water, stretching both the vocal chords and body for 1 hour and finally prayer that in all things God be glorified by my 120% effort."

Q: Any final thoughts we should know about you?
"I met my wife 30 years ago on a stage in Michigan. Now after raising our 4 lovely children its such a pleasure to be able to continue our theatrical journey together here with CVFT."


The real behind the scenes sweethearts of the stage. - Tom Keenan and his talented and hilarious wife, Martha Keenan, playing the Mayor's wife, Eulalie Mackechnie Shinn.


Get your tickets today! www.cvft.org

No comments:

Post a Comment