Thursday, October 31, 2013

Get to Know: Artistic Director for "Annie"


Kyle Thomas, Artistic Director and so much more...

Kyle at Work -2013, "Annie"
Three words to describe you:  Bravado. Sondheim. Bangarang.

How did you get involved with CVFT?  Paula Atkins (one of the CVFT founders) recruited me to step into It’s a Wonderful Life as a dancer.

“Real-life” roles: Husband to the most beautiful woman on earth, Abby. I hire and develop managers for branches of a financial distribution company.

Working with the Staff on choreography -"Annie" 2013
Describe any personal connections to “Annie:” Starlight Theater’s 1999 production of Annie was my first professional show.  I played a little boy who walked across the stage in "NYC." I was onstage maybe 30 seconds of the whole show, but it was awesome. Being in a professional environment at that age and working with a production team that expected professionalism was really a stepping stone into my career as an artist.  One of the reasons I love Annie is its theme - the power of positivity. I can too easily become negative about the circumstances in my life.  It's easier to whine than it is to put things in perspective and see the silver lining.  Annie is a reminder that no how miserable the world may be, there is always hope.
Seeing the Chan HS Stage for the first time
Favorite/notable CVFT memory/experience:  Getting to work with the production team and cast of Annie (I'm not sucking up, that’s my real answer).

Family pets: Sophie, golden retriever and Sondheim, cat

Favorite song to sing in the shower: It really depends on what I’m currently into or in the mood for, but my main go to is "Hey There" from Pajama Game.

Favorite restaurant/meal for dinner: Restaurant: Good Earth or Chipotle.  Meal: dessert

Favorite activity besides CVFT: Hanging out with my wife and my job (actually).



Describe what excites you about CVFT's production of Annie: The incredible production team and the incredible cast. They are top notch. I'm also really excited to fit our artistic concept onto the stage. Our goal is to create a production that breathes original energy into a classic show.
Pictorial representation of why this guy belongs at CVFT
 JB

No comments:

Post a Comment