Thursday, November 15, 2012

Meet our Leading Lady!- "It's a Wonderful Life"-The Musical



Nikki Allen as Mary Hatch Bailey

Nikki studied at the University of Minnesota - vocal performance
Role: Mary Hatch Bailey
Started in the theatre: 6th grade
Age: 27
City: Edina
Day Job: Usset, Weingarden, and Liebo PPLP

Nikki Allen brings her vocal talent to the stage as Mary Hatch Bailey in CVFT's holiday show - "It's a Wonderful Life" A Musical. According to my sources at IMDb, Nikki's character is "...one of the most famous female characters in movie history." http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0004663/bio 


"Mary is bubbly, smart, deeply goodhearted, and not without a clever streak. Though she is in most ways the definition of a proper lady, she has a lighthearted spirit and occasionally enjoys being shocking."


Needless to say -can't wait to see this! Here's a behind the scenes look at our leading lady:




1. When did you know theater was for you? 

"My Grandpa was a very talented performer.  I remember attending his plays and musicals when I was really little.  Theater was a combination of my favorite things! Singing, dancing, costumes, makeup - I was hooked!  My first play was in sixth grade.  It was called "Commercials" and I was a cereal box.  I still have my costume."

2. Pls tell us something you have learned from your experience with CVFT.

"I have been singing most of my life, but since my involvement with CVFT, I am now comfortable in my dancing shoes!  CVFT is so fortunate to have such a talented and patient group of choreographers." 

3. What is your favorite thing about the show/what you think people will enjoy most...

"Most people have probably seen the movie but I imagine very few are familiar with the musical.  This show is FILLED with gorgeous music.  The audience will get to experience It's a Wonderful Life in a whole new way.  The music is a wonderful addition to a wonderful story. "

4. Any pre-show rituals before you go on stage?

"Before a performance, I usually try to keep my talking to a minimum and eat a banana (something my high school voice teacher suggested).  Right before I go on stage, you can usually find me pacing in the wings!"

5. Do you have family participating in the show?

"Everyone is coming to see it, and my mom is helping with costumes!"

6. Any behind the scenes antics you can share?

"Before we had a phone for the phone scene, we had to use a Barbie doll. That might explain why we have a hard time keeping a straight face during that scene."

Thanks, Nikki and break a leg! 
Also, just so you know - I spoke with the Producer of this show last night and it looks like opening night (November 30th) might sell out - other shows are filling up too. If you are thinking of joining us, please get your tickets - www.cvft.org/tickets

Jibs
CVFT Insider

No comments:

Post a Comment